Check out her recipe below:
- 1 standard shot glass of spiced rum
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Grenadine cocktail syrup
- ¼ cup canned pineapple chunks and ½ cup of the leftover pineapple juice
- ¼ small apple, cubed
- ½ small orange, cubed, plus one thin slice
- ½ banana, cut in thick chunks
- To begin, place the apple chunks, orange chunks, pineapple chunks and banana chunks into the coffee press. Next, pour the Grenadine syrup over the fruit followed by the shot of spiced rum and ½ cup pineapple juice from the can. Stir the contents of the coffee press and let stand for 10 minutes or longer. The longer you wait the fruitier the drink will be.
- Press down the plunger into the carafe as far as it will go. The reason a coffee press works well for this recipe is that when it presses down on the fruit chunks the juice and small amounts of pulp are allowed to combine with the rum and create bountiful flavor.
- At the bottom of your glass place a thin slice of orange and then cover with ice, as much as you prefer. Pour the juice contents out of the coffee press onto the ice. Add the ¼ cup apple juice and ½ cup orange juice, stir the contents of the glass, and you're finished! Lo Hicimos! We did it!